Monday, September 09, 2013

Saving babies

According to the doctors, John Barros shouldn't be alive.

He had cancer, which needed four operations. He had two brain aneurisms, which needed two more operations. And someone ran into his back with a vehicle, which needed more operations.

One day, while sitting outside an abortion clinic, John prayed "God, if you really want me to sit here, if you really want me to call out to these people full time, please take care of my family." And in sometimes miraculous ways, God has.

For the past three years, he has been outside the late-term abortion clinic in Orlando, Florida, nine hours a day, six days a week. In three years, he has seen more than a thousand babies saved from abortion.

The story of every girl who comes to the clinic is different. "But the answer is the same," he says. "The answer is always found in Jesus Christ. That's what we're here for, to lead them, point them to Jesus Christ. I just show up here, and watch Him show off." 

About all his physical challenges, John says, "As I look back God was just stripping me of all my pride, everything I held valuable, everything I held dear. . . All these things I thank God for, because they've all shown me that He's in control, every bit of it; that He's sovereign."

You can see an eight-minute film of John here.

"I think the problem in the church," he says, "is not that the church has tried and failed, but that the church has failed to try.

"Jesus loves to use broken vessels. He is calling for His people to rise up, so please go and see what He will do through you.”  

No comments: