Saturday, November 20, 2010

Love beyond telling

So many people don't understand what a Christian is. A Christian is not just someone who was christened, or someone who goes to church, or someone who tries to live by a set of rules.

A Christian is someone who has repented of his (or her) sins. Someone who knows that his (or her) sins are forgiven. Someone who has invited Jesus Christ to be Lord of his (or her) life. Someone who has entered into a personal relationship with a living Saviour.

Jesus said "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me" (John 10:27).

Jesus has never ever spoken to me in an audible voice. But He speaks to me often. Through the pages of Scripture. Through other people. Through circumstances. Through a still, small voice speaking silently to my heart. Most often as I spend time communing with Him.

God wants you to be His. He has a purpose for your life. He can only lead you to it as you yield to Him.

He loves you. He gave His Son to die in your place. He needs you to open your heart to His love.

O Love that wilt not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in Thee:
I give Thee back the life I owe,
That in Thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be.

God's love is beyond compare.

Don't miss it.